Need more help?
Moving a wallet to different directory
Thesis are considered to be advanced mechanisms, and wij do not officially support them. Please use this information at your own risk.
To stir a wallet means copying several files at once. If you are not certain with using a laptop like this then you should ask a trusted friend to help you.
You may want to stir a wallet to a different location, such spil on to a USB drive or a different directory. The files you will need to budge will be named according to the original name you talent the wallet (not the description displaying te the sidebar). For example, let’s say you dreamed to stir the original wallet, "multibit.wallet", created during installation:
- Ensure you have the destination available (e.g. USB stick plugged ter, network drive mapped etc)
- Locate "multibit.wallet" – the location shows up ter the title caf when you select the wallet ter MultiBit Classic
- Multi-select "multibit.wallet" (opstopping) and "multibit.informatie" (opstopping) and "multibit-data" (directory)
- Use your pc’s Copy operation (not Stir) to place the files into the destination
- Verify that they are OK by using MultiBit Classic’s Opstopping | Open operation to access the wallet
- Close the original wallet to avoid confusion. Closing will not delete the wallet.
Moving from MultiBit Classic to Blockchain.informatie
Normally it is best to leave your Bitcoin wallet ter the application that made it.
Sometimes however you need to stir your wallet from one application to another. This may be because you would choose to use another Bitcoin wallet rather than MultiBit Classic. This help opstopping describes how to budge a MultiBit Classic wallet to the blockchain.informatie webpagina.
The general outline is that you uitvoer the private keys ter your wallet from MultiBit Classic and then invoer them into Blockchain.informatie.
- Go after the instructions ter the Exporting private keys help pagina, making sure you uitvoer your private keys without password protection. (This is te step Five on the ‘Exporting private keys’ pagina).
Blockchain.informatie is providing mij an "Error decrypting" message
There is a known kwestie with some wallets failing to invoer correctly. If you only have a few keys to invoer, you can do them individually using the "Invoer" option on the Blockchain.informatie webpagina:
- Use a fresh Notepad and copy the .key opstopping from MultiBit Classic
- Liquidate all lines kicking off with #
- Liquidate all dates at the end of the private keys (the keys start with L or K) and leave no trailing spaces
- Select the Invoer option (very first voorwerp) te Blockchain.informatie
- Come in each key into the text opbergruimte and sweep it into Blockchain.informatie
Copyright ©, 2016 KeepKey, LLC. All rights reserved.